I’m Steven Bradshaw. Born in Pasadena, Texas and moved to Bonner County in 1988 with my wife and two sons. I have been self-employed most of my life. My sons both work for BNSF and their wives are from Bonner County.
My 5 grandchildren are all Idahoans.
I’m the pastor at the Cocolalla Cowboy Church and have been for 17 years. I have very strong conservative values and have always been a Republican voter (unlike some of the other candidates).
My belief in God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit hold me to a higher accountability.
I want to bring honesty, accountability, and integrity back to local government by presenting all things in truth regardless of my opinion, and bring back moral judgement and common sense into local government. I believe we can do this by taking the politicians and politics out of government.
We need to get back to the roots our nation set forth by the founding fathers and follow our Constitution as it was intended. The bulk of this nation’s founders were pastors, ministers, and clergy.
George Washington, himself became a chaplain while he was as captain.
Most of the signers of the Constitution were clergymen and four were current or former full-time pastors.
Almost half of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, as well as most all of the founding fathers graduated from orthodox Christian teaching seminaries. Many were church elders and church officers which included:
Samuel Adams – signer of Declaration, father of the Revolution
John Hancock – Gov. of Massachusetts, Acting President, started the Minutemen, first signer of the Declaration
John Quincy Adams – Vice President the American Bible Society, 6th US President
Robert Treat Paine – signer of the Declaration, military chaplain
Rufus King – signer of the Constitution, ratifier of the Bill of Rights, manager of the American Bible Society
Bushrod Washington, John Lowell, Jonathan Trumbull, Timothy Pickering, William Samuel Johnson, Zephaniah Swift, James Bowden, James Kent, John Cotton Smith, Joel Barrow, John Treadwell.
These were all ministers in one form or another. I said that to say all this: I believe we, as Americans and Christians need to engage in the battle of what is right in the eyes of God and not what’s right in our own mind or according to what a particular party or special interest group thinks.
Doing what is right does not have a color or party affiliation. It’s just the right thing to do.
Planning & Zoning
- The department is being completely overhauled
- The Sub-area Plan are a focus of this process
Private Property Rights
- Removed the limit to live in an RV on your property
Only a building location permit is needed if there is a pad and hookup; compliance with RV Park regulations if the RV is rented
- The project has been suspended, but I will continue to monitor and opposed it due to the environmental harm to Bonner County residents.
- No increase in the County budget in FY2020
- I refused the 7% salary increase
Scotchman Peaks Wilderness
- I will continue to opposed any future attempts to thwart the voter's decision against a wilderness
- I support a rigorous and detailed permitting process, supported byt he Sub-area Plans
- I am against taking foregone taxes that were created prior to my term. Foregone taxes shift the tax burden from previous residents to new property owners.
Thank you for your vote and for the confidence and trust you have placed in me to serve as your County Commission.
My door is always open.